It is a lovely summer morning here in Tuscany. It is warm, and I am loving it. Finally summer has arrived! We have had a lot of rain lately and not enough sunny days.
I thought I would make a nice pasta with Zucchine, mint, and sliced almonds. I used mint to give it a cooling and fragrant taste, and the almonds for crunch.
I tried it warm, and cold. I would enjoy it cold on a very hot summer day. Unlike many other previous dishes, I decided not to add the hot pepper, instead, use lemon zest for added summery freshness.
This is a picture of the ingredients I used to make the pasta with:
I used ‘Busiate’ which is a typical sicilian pasta which is made with a thread of iron. Basically you roll the thread over a little piece of pasta and it will wrap itself around the iron thread. Remove the thread and you have a curly pasta. It will take you a little bit to master the technique and to make 400gr of it! I checked on Amazon, and the price is quite high. You can use fusilli, or any kind of pasta where the zucchini will wrap itself around it. If serving cold, remember not to overcook the pasta!
Try this simple, delicious Pasta with Zucchine, Mint and Sliced Almonds, then let me know if you liked it!
- 1 tbs minced shallot
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbs chopped mint plus some for garnish
- 4 tbs sliced almonds for garnish
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 4 Zucchini Blossoms (cut into strips) optional
- 400gr pasta
- Boil water for pasta. When the water comes to a boil, add salt and your pasta. While your pasta il boiling, place olive oil, garlic, mint, and shallot in a pan. Heat and let the shallots soften.
- Add the grated Zucchini, then add 2 cups of water or vegetable stock.
- Cook until nice and soft.
- Strain the pasta and sautee with the sauce. Add the Blossom strips.
- Garnish with fresh little mint leaves and sliced almonds.
- I like to cook the last two minutes of pasta cooking time with the sauce, so that the pasta will absorb the flavor of your sauce.